Wood stove culprit of apartment fire

Staff Writer

Punxsutawney firefighters are pictured ventilating an upstairs apartment from the wood burning stove located in the basement that had filled the apartment with heavy smoke over the garage at 8:36 p.m. Tuesday at 106 Marion Ave., Punxsutawney. The resident was transported to Punxsutawney Area Hospital by Jefferson County EMS for treatment of smoke inhalation. The apartment was not damaged. All three Punxsutawney fire companies were on-scene. (Photo by Larry McGuire/The Punxsutawney Spirit)

Category: