BREAKING NEWS: PSP-PUNXSY: 16 'MID-LEVEL DEALERS' ARRESTED; TWO STILL AT LARGE
PUNXSUTAWNEY — Punxsutawney-based Pennsylvania State Police, in conjunction with Jefferson County District Attorney Jeff Burkett, announced Wednesday at a press conference the issuance of 18 drug-related arrest warrants for offenders from Jefferson County and the surrounding area.
Captain Bernard J. Petrovsky, Troop C Commanding Officer, said at the press conference that two suspects — Russ Edward Hayes, 36, Punxsutawney, and Mark Darren Shaffer, 45, Sykesville — were still at large as of 2 p.m.
The following 16 individuals were in custody:
• Scott Edwin Smith, 48, Brookville;
• David Wray Shaffer, 46, Falls Creek;
• Mark Junior Dinger, 36, Reynoldsville;
• Jessica Marie Ackerson, 30, Punxsutawney;
• Canyon Cliff Beer, 27, Punxsutawney;
• Nathan Cole Abrams, 30, Arnold, Pa.;
• Richard Edward Heilbrun, 22, DuBois;
• Steven Matthew Barnett, 31, Jefferson County Jail;
• Christopher L. Fetterman, 31, Punxsutawney;
• Christina L. Dickey, 28, Punxsutawney;
• Mark Steven Gianvito, 52, Punxsutawney;
• Martin Scott White, 49, Punxsutawney;
• Jerome Allen Johnson Jr., 30, unknown location;
• Edna Marie Glace, 36, Reynoldsville;
• Eric David Hankey, 32, Punxsutawney;
• Dennis L. Glatt, 31, Punxsutawney.
All those mentioned in the press release were considered what police called "mid-level dealers" of substances, including heroin.
For more from the press conference, see Thursday's print edition of The Spirit.